Below is a list of the BPR Constitution
- The Club shall be called the Bedford Park Rangers (Youth) Football Club and shall be affiliated to
the Bedfordshire Football Association.
- The objective of the Club shall be the furtherance of youth association football for its members
and such social and recreational pursuits as may be deemed appropriate by the Executive Committee.
- The Club shall have the power to enter such leagues and competitions as from time to time
decided and approved by the Committee.
- The Club ground(s) shall, for the time being, be as allocated by Bedford Borough Council or
participating leagues (in the normal course of events, public pitches - Bedford Park, Park Avenue, Bedford and/or
Mowsbury Park, Wentworth Drive, Bedford) or at such place as the Committee decide.
- The business of the Club shall be managed by the Executive Committee, which comprises the following
- Chairman Vice Chairman
- Club Secretary Treasurer
- Child Welfare Officer
- Registration Secretary Fixture Secretary(s)
- Equipment (Kit) Officer
- Media Officer
- +1 Representative from each team (who must be a registered Club Member)
Of which 5 members shall form a quorum. One of the 5 has to be either the Chairman, Vice Chairman or Club Secretary. The Officers
of the Club shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting as detailed in Section 8.
- The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held not earlier than 1st May and not later than 31st May
of any year. Special General Meetings shall be as required in accordance with Rule 7. The Secretary shall give 21 days notice in
writing to all Officers of the Club of every Annual General Meeting and shall publish notices where appropriate at least 10 days
prior to such meetings.
- A 'Special General Meeting' of Club Members may be called at any time by the Secretary on the instructions
of the Executive Committee by giving the required notice of not less than 21 days. In addition, the Secretary must call a Special
General Meeting on receiving a request in writing from not less than four Club Members for the convening of a Special General Meeting.
- Any 2 Members of the Club may make nominations for all new Officers of the Executive Committee which must be
in writing, signed by the proposer and the seconder, and must be accompanied by a declaration that the person nominated is willing
to accept office. All nominations must be received by the Club Secretary not less than seven (7) days before the date of the Annual
General Meeting. Where there is more than one (1) candidate for any office the election shall be by ballot at the Annual General
Meeting. A minimum of three Officers shall retire each year from the Executive Committee, but shall be eligible for re-election
without previous nominations. Any Officer of the Executive Committee not attending three (3) consecutive meetings, and not
submitting a valid reason for their non-attendance, shall be reported to the Disciplinary Committee and will be summonsed to
attend a Disciplinary Hearing
- Any 2 Members of the Club may make nominations for all new Team Managers which must be in writing, signed
by the proposer and the seconder, and must be accompanied by a declaration that the person nominated is willing to accept office.
All nominations must be received by the Club Secretary not less than seven (7) days before the date of the Annual General Meeting.
- Any new Teams and/or Team Managers wishing to join the Club after the Annual General Meeting will need to
apply to the Executive Committee in writing. Such applications will require the specific approval of the Executive Committee.
- Any Officer of the Club who has outstanding debt with the Club as at the Annual General Meeting, will
not be eligible for Office for the following season until such time as the debt has been cleared.
- All Officers of the Club must submit a CRB form within one (1) month of being elected to a position of
responsibility. Failure to do so will result in the respective officer being immediately suspended from the Club pending a hearing
by the Executive Committee. Any Officer of the Club failing CRB clearance will be immediately suspended from the Club, pending a
hearing by the Executive Committee.
- If an Officer of the Executive Committee wishes to resign, notice shall be given in writing to the Club
Secretary. If the Club Secretary wishes to resign, notice shall be given in writing to the Chairman. All elected Executive
Committee members, must give a minimum of three (3) months notice in order that suitable replacements can be found. The Executive
Committee shall have power to expel any Officer or Club Member deemed guilty of conduct prejudicial to the good name of the Club.
- Should any vacancy occur on the Executive Committee, the Executive Committee shall have power to appoint a
replacement and any person so appointed shall hold office until the next Annual General Meeting.
- At each Annual General Meeting, the Executive Committee shall present to the Members of the Club a report
on the affairs of the Club during the past year, together with up to date financial statements. The full annual accounts will be
made available to all Members following the end of the Club's financial year (refer point 36). These accounts will be certified
as correct by the Treasurer should the annual income not exceed £1000. If income falls between £1001-£5000 the accounts will be
certified by two of the following Executive Committee Members: Chairman; Secretary; or Treasurer. If income exceeds £5000 the
accounts will be certified by an independent auditor.
- The Executive Committee shall meet at least once every six (6) weeks, on a date to be fixed by the Executive
Committee, or as convened by the Club Secretary. At each meeting of the Executive Committee, the date, time and place of the next
meeting shall be agreed, unless it has been previously decided that meetings shall be held on regular dates, at the same time and
place. The Club Secretary must take Minutes of all proceedings of the Executive Committee and these Minutes must be open to the
inspection of any Club member upon application to the Club Secretary.
- The Executive Committee shall have power to appoint Sub-Committees from Club Members with the power to
co-opt to such Sub-Committees, any person who is willing to serve.
- The income of the Club shall be placed in two separate accounts at a Bank or Building Society, a Main
Account and a Petty Cash Account. All cheques from the Club's Main Account shall be signed by two of three mandated signatories.
All cheques from the Petty Cash Account shall be signed by one of the three mandated signatories. The mandated signatories shall
be members of the Executive Committee.
- All Officers, Managers and Coaches must be registered Members of the Club or person(s) approved by the
- No person(s) may take part in the proceedings of the Annual General Meeting or Special General Meeting
or hold office unless he/she is a Member of the Club. Such person(s) must have paid their subscriptions for the season in which
the proceedings take place or in respect of which the office is to be filled.
- Membership of the Club will automatically be assigned to the Child and Parent/Parents or Guardian/Guardians
of the Child, as long as the Child is signed on as a playing member of the Club. This membership shall last until 31st May of the
following year. All person(s) to whom membership is automatically assigned are herein defined as Club Members. The Club will
maintain a register of all Members.
- Other individuals wishing to become a Member of the Club can apply to the Executive Committee of the Club.
No reason shall be given to any candidate in the event of his/her rejection. The Executive Committee can, at their discretion,
invite individuals to become Life Members of the Club. This life membership will be free of subscription.
- The annual subscription for League Registered Players and non-playing Members of the Club shall be decided
by the Executive Committee at the Annual General Meeting and shall include any registration fee. The League Registered Player's
subscription includes parental membership. The annual subscription and Club registration must be received by the Executive Committee
by the 31st August each year. The Club will accept payment of the annual subscription in two instalments, the amounts of which shall
be decided by the Executive Committee at the Annual General Meeting. Instalment payments must be received by the Executive Committee
by 31st August and 15th January each season.
- Club Membership will only be confirmed by the Executive Committee once the Club Registration form has been
received together with the relevant subscription payment (annual or initial instalment). If either the Club Registration form or
subscription payment has not been received by the Executive Committee, individuals will not be eligible to play for the Club.
If paying by instalments, a playing member of the Club not submitting their second instalment payment to the Executive Committee
by 15th January of the respective season will be suspended from playing until such time as payment is received or until 15th
February of the respective season, whichever is the earlier. If payment is not received by the 15th February of the respective
season, the membership will be cancelled for the remainder of that season.
- All Members of the Club i.e. Officials, Managers, Coaches, players, parents and supporters must adhere to
the Club 'Code of Conduct', which will be published and made available annually or upon request. The content of the 'Code of
Conduct' will be prepared for and on behalf of the Executive Committee and will be reviewed by the Executive Committee when
deemed appropriate by the Executive Committee but not less than annually.
- The Executive Committee shall have the power to censure or remove from membership of the Club, any Member
who, in the opinion of the Executive Committee, is guilty of conduct prejudicial, or otherwise injurious, to the welfare of the
Club. Before any Member is censured or removed from membership of the Club, they shall be informed in writing of the nature of
the conduct in relation to which exception has been taken. Such person(s) shall have the opportunity to make a reply in respect
of any allegation made against them, whether in writing or personally, at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
- Subject to the resolutions of an Annual General Meeting, or a Special General Meeting, the Executive
Committee shall have power to decide any matter which affects the Club not specifically provided for in these rules.
- No amendments to these rules shall be made except at an Annual or Special General Meeting, duly summoned,
and notice of all proposals for amendments shall be available to the members, together with an agenda for the meeting, at least
seven days before any such meeting is held. All proposals for amendments shall be either:
- Submitted to the Executive Committee
- Signed by the proposer, seconder and at least four other members of the Club.
- The Executive Committee shall agree team colours and all teams shall only play in authorised kit style.
Club shirt purchases are to be sanctioned by the Executive Committee. Shorts and socks must conform to current Club kit style.
Any other Club clothing purchases must be approved by the Executive Committee.
- All games played by Bedford Park Rangers teams must be authorised by the Executive Committee by notification
to the Club Secretary, approved by the Bedfordshire Football Association and played in accordance with the rules of the Football
Association. This includes participation in small-sided competitions as well as 'friendly' matches.
- A copy of these rules is supplied to each member of the Executive Committee and to each team representative
- Manager/Coach, as referred to in paragraph 5) above. Additionally, a copy will be supplied to any Member of the Club on request
to the Club Secretary.
- All Members of the Club will be bound by the contents of this Constitution and such agreement shall be deemed
to have been accepted at the time of annual registration unless such registration takes place at a later time, in which case
acceptance is assumed at that time.
- Any person(s) ceasing to be a Member forfeits all rights to, and claim upon, the Club, its property and its
funds, and they have no right of return of any part of his/her subscription.
- Any Member who wishes to move a resolution at the Annual General Meeting must give written notice of the
resolution to the Club Secretary not less than 21 days prior to the meeting. No business may be brought forward at an Annual General
Meeting other than that for which notice has been given.
- At all Annual or Special General Meetings, the Chairman, or in his/her absence the Vice Chairman, or in
his/her absence a Member selected by the Meeting, must take the Chair.
- Only Club members who have attained the age of sixteen (16) years at the date of the Annual General Meeting
will be entitled to vote. Every Club Member present and entitled to vote may have one vote upon every motion and in the case of
equality of votes, the Chairman of the Meeting may have a casting vote.
- At every meeting of the Executive Committee, the Chairman, or in his/her absence the Vice Chairman, or in
his/her absence a Member selected by the Executive Committee, must take the Chair. Every Executive Committee Member present and
entitled to vote may have one vote upon every motion. In the case of equality of votes, the Chairman of the Executive Committee
meeting may have a casting vote. Should any Member of the Executive Committee hold more than a single Office, the Member will
only be entitled to one vote on any one motion.
- At all Annual and Special General Meetings the following voting rules will apply:
- For motions proposing any repeal or amendment of the Club Rules - two-thirds majority of members present.
- For the repeal or amendment of any by-law - two-thirds majority of members present.
- For all other business - simple majority of members present.
- The financial year of the Club ends on the last day of March each year to which day the accounts of the
Club must be balanced. The Treasurer of the Club will also be required to provide an interim report as of the last day of September
- If at any time the Club, at an Annual or Special General Meeting, passes a resolution authorising the
Executive Committee to borrow money, the Executive Committee may then borrow for the purposes of the Club the amount of money
either at one time or from time to time, at the rate of interest, in the form and manner upon the security specified in the
resolution. Every Club Member, whether voting on the resolution or not and anyone becoming a Member of the Club after the passing
of the resolution, is deemed to have assented to the resolution as if he or she had voted in favour of it.
- Any notice required by the rules to be given or sent to a Club Member is deemed to have been duly given or
sent, on the next working day after it is posted, if sent by pre-paid post to the address of the Club Member appearing in the Club
books, or on the day of transmission if sent by e-mail to the e-mail address of the Club Member appearing in the Club books.
- If at any Annual or Special General Meeting, a resolution for the dissolution of the Club is passed by a
majority of the Members present and entitled to vote, and if that resolution is confirmed by a resolution passed by a majority of
two thirds of the Members present and entitled to vote at a Special General Meeting held not less than one month after that meeting
at which not less than one half of the Members entitled to vote are present, the Executive Committee must immediately or at such
future date as is specified in the resolution, proceed to realise the property of the Club. After the discharge of all liabilities,
the Executive Committee will donate the remainder to charity as agreed by the Executive Committee and upon the completion of the
donation, the Club will be dissolved.
Latest News: For a full list of results, as well as details of forthcoming fixtures, see the Fixtures & Results page.
Updated February 2011